Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Out of Surgery!!!! (and more good news!!!!)

There was NO perforated bowel!!!!!!! The surgeon came to talk to me and told me that the tube they put in had slipped out of Micah's stomach and was feeding his abdomen. And of course with nothing plugging the hole in his stomach all of those contents spilled into his abdomen. They cleaned everything out and removed the old tube. There is a tube STITCHED into his stomach now, but that is just for draining. Now he just has to fight off the infection he has and start putting some weight on. I will be asking for the tube in his stomach to be removed after it is safe to do so. NO MORE BELLY TUBES!!!!!!! They cause more harm than good. They are also hoping that the anesthesia wears off soon so they can extubate him. I know he'll appreciate that!!! Thanks to Laura and Jon for bringing me to Boston and sitting with me (and keeping me calm) while Micah was in surgery. I love you guys!!!!

1 comment:

Mom K. said...

Susanne,
We are overjoyed that Micah came through the surgery well! We continue to pray. We are sending hugs your way, cause I think you need a real big hug right about now! We love you! Keep up your strength. Tell Micah we love him!!!We cannot wait for him to be all better and to come home!!!
Love, Mom and Dad