Friday, November 20, 2009

Micah Is Moving Out!!!!

I just found out from Micah's nurse that they are taking Micah OUT of the CICU and moving him to the main cardiac floor. (8 East) This is huge!!!! This means he's doing well enough and getting strong enough to be able to take a closer step to coming home!!!! They are still going to watch his breathing, but his doctors are confident enough to let him out of the CICU!!!!!!!!!

Here are some more updates from the last few days. Sorry I didn't get these on right away. I am in NJ with my family and I was in MD yesterday.
Just finishing up some packing and then heading for the train to go home for a little while. Micah is looking great. He slept well last night and is laying in his crib all wrapped up nice and snug and watching PBS. He is such a little couch potato!! But I'm really okay with that right now. His breathing is still awesome and he was able to yell at his doctors without trouble. I called the hospital and everything is going well there. Micah is doing great! He's breathing on his own without pressure support, and they have stopped his pain medications. He's still happy and alert and glued to his cartoons. He got bored yesterday and the nurse called in a volunteer who got to hold him for a few hours. I'm SO jealous!!

1 comment:

Rachel Kelsall said...

thats awsome!! i'm glad he's doing so well!! love you both!!