Sunday, March 21, 2010

SO VERY ICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Micah's G-tube came out this morning. This is the tube that goes through his abdomen directly into his stomach. That means that for about 2 hours this morning there was an open HOLE coming out of my son's stomach. There are so many horrible things that can happen with something like that. So Jason and I dropped the older kiddos off at their grandparents house and we set out for Boston to figure out what to do next. Thankfully we didn't have to wait at all. They took him right back and checked out the HOLE. It had already begun to heal/close. So they had to use balloon catheters to open the HOLE up wider so they could place a new tube. He screamed, Jason held him down, and I sat in a chair feeling like I would faint or get sick. (I was so helpful) He's been fine since then, but it was all very unnerving. Especially when I removed his gauze this morning and saw the HOLE for the first time. Very EWWIE!!!!

1 comment:

Leah said...

Oh your poor baby & you also !! Our thoughts & prayers are with you .