Sunday, January 3, 2010

Teething and other fun stuff...


The surgeons came to see him this morning to see how his stomach is healing. I heard one surgeon say "He is really healing well." Then she asked me how his feedings have been, and I told her that he has been doing great and not even spitting up. She said that was great and "we may not need to do anything else to him." This may be a cruel tease from the surgeons, but I have my fingers crossed.

It's official...Micah is teething! Such awesome timing. Thankfully this is something they can easily ease for him. And this is one of those milestones that he can make while laying on his back in a hospital bed. Now we just need to figure out what to do with "tummy time" and sitting up and stuff. But I am kind of happy that he's teething.

Micah is 10lbs 6 oz!!!!! He is packing it on since they put him on the IV calories last week!!!!! The continuous feeds are helping too. Tomorrow he will have the gastric emptying test done and that will hopefully help form a more concrete plan....such fun

No comments: