Saturday, September 29, 2012

Prayers are needed...

In my search for answers for how to best care for Micah and to find support with other TOF parents I have met some incredible people. One of them has become a good friend and her baby needs prayer. Joanna is the amazing Mommy of Baby Gabriel. He is a new born with TOF. He has not had his repair yet but his health has become more concerning. His doctors have found fluid around his heart and he will need his repair in the next 6-8 weeks. This is a lot sooner than they originally anticipated. Gabriel, his Mommy, Daddy and big sister need our prayer. I know how they feel. Being scared about not knowing the future and watching your baby be uncomfortable and not being able to do anything about it. Please please pray for Gabriel, his family and his team.
The following is a post from his Mommy:
"I've debated posting, but decided that the people that care for updates will want to know so they can start praying again. The news we received yesterday wasn't what I hoped for. Gabriel has fluid around his heart, which was causing him pain. Gabriel is set to have his next open heart surgery in 6-8 weeks (or so), which is months sooner than we thought. He will have two procedures between now and then in the heart cath lab, where they will try to balloon his pulmonary artery. These procedures carry risks, but we have no choice. His pulmonary atresia(stenosis) is bad and it makes for more surgeries for my son. Please pray for these procedures to be successful, pray for my sons strength to get through all this. As I type this the tears stream down my face. I simply can't understand why this is happening."

No comments: